This was posted by a fan in the Naver Cafe. Thoughts?
Hello, I have been thinking about what happened yesterday and recently to chi yeul on and off the stage and decided to write to you all since I have some time now and my cell phone here with me. I know all of you love him so much and trying so hard to protect him. thank you!
To be honest, before Chi yeul attends the I am a singer program I didn’t really had any particular feeling for Chinese people
but throughout the competition I saw how sweet all of you are and really started to care about Chinese fans.
I was so impressed by your genuine love and support for him and touched my heart deeply. Now I feel like I am very close to you all as his fan. I believe that few people who reacted really bad many times recently are not really his fans but just few immature and selfish outsiders so I hope you don’t feel too bad about it
However, i think as a fan group you could do things for him so in the future these kind of things can be prevented.
I would like to share my suggestions and hope chinese fan who sees this post can pass this to others so you can all pass my suggestions TO HIS CHINESE SPONSORING COMPANY.
1. Hire really good TRANSLATOR for chi yeul in EVERY event whether it is short or long. He shouldn’t have extra burden or stress to fill the gaps between songs with his limited Chinese. The lady who translated the fashion show the other day is excellent translator who can help him. other translators did horrible jobs by omitting his important remarks, by wrong translation, by not translating other people who are talking to him etc. they all left him deal with situation by himself not knowing exactly what’s going on.
2. Hire excellent chinese PERSONAL LANGUAGE TUTOR who will actually teach him proper chinese. I am sure you don’t want him to just sing in China for a year and burn out. Chinese company needs to remember that they should think future not immediate money he generates with events. In order for him to succeed in a long run he needs to learn good chinese so he can communicate and express himself well. you all know that he has so much potential to be successful in China and the rest of the world
3. PREPARE HIM for every event.
it means let him know the nature of event, people who attends, what to expect at the event, and furthermore prepare him in advance(chinese writing on the paper) what to say to the audience. Don’t make him go out there talk about girls when most of audience are middle aged men
4. LET HIS VOICE AND BODY RECOVER
He needs time to recover his voice after each event. his singing style can hurt his voice without proper care. company has commitments to fulfill and this is time for him to go out and let his name known.
i get that. but people will begin to notice if he keeps singing with strained voice and it will damage him eventually
please tell the company “don’t kill the golden goose who lays golden eggs”
protect him! don’t book the events right after another especially when two events are thousands miles away. He needs rest!
5. TAKE EXTRA MEASURE TO ACCEPT ADVERTISEMENT. Generally koreans are very sensitive to certain political issues.
many korean celebrities had hard time to recover their popularity after sign certain advertisement contracts with controversial company or country etc. Chi yeul shouldn’t go event where general korean public can make harsh judgement or appear advertisement that can degrading his good image.
I know many chinese people like him because of his wonderful personal story and personality. Company have to approach advertising contracts with extra caution not blinded by big money.
6. TRAIN HIS BODYGUARD.
Many celebrities had hard time due to their bodyguards behavior and endured public criticism. Chi yeul’ bodyguards and anybody in his group represent him whether they like it or not.
They shouldn’t be too rude to fans but at the same time they shouldn’t be too relaxed either. yesterday’s incident could have been prevented if his guards were on the edge and really paid attention to him.
You don’t want him to get hurt by crazy people. I am afraid if this kind of incidents continues even good hearted chi yeul might end up living in fear of sudden attack. its comforting to know that he didn’t get hurt yesterday. he is very articulated, genuine, good hearted person who will not express his hurt right away for the sake of fans. We, fans should do our best to protect him.
PS: please try not to bring flowers to him or take a picture with him while he is singing on the stage. I think it is a courtesy for us to let him finish singing his song without distraction
I still have few things in my heart to share but I think I alreday wrote too long. I will stop here and I apologize if my post made any of you upset. just remember that I am a fan who loves and cares chi yeul just like you. what I shared here is just genuine concern. I can’t read and write chinese so I can’t communicate to his chinese company but you all can do it for me, after all, we are sisters in supporting him.
let’s wish chi yeul all the best for his career and happiness!
love you all.